Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Strawberry and Vanilla Friands

Well Xmas is just about here so I decided it was time to get crafty with some edible yummy Xmas gifts.
I love nothing more than giving gifts made with love and delectable ingredients.
And trust me, there is NOTHING more delectable than vanilla bean paste to add to ANYTHING!

So I'm meeting with a couple of girlfriends tomorrow and thought I'd go bearing gifts....yummo.




Friands are my absolute fave food when I'm out.
Somehow they always seem not quite as naughty as perhaps a cupcake, {that's my story and I'm sticking with it, lol}.
I often have one when grabbing a coffee and one will get me though breaky and see me through lunch.
I think it's the almond meal in it that seems to, and I'm telling the truth here, to really fill you up.
Sometime's I have half then and save the other half for later.
Anyway, they're my go-to, get-through-the-day magical treat.
And really really easy to make!


Strawberry and Vanilla Friands


Ingredients:

  • 125g strawberries
  • 6 eggwhites
  • 1 tsp vanilla bean paste {too die for}
  • 1 1/2 cups (225g) icing sugar mixture, plus extra to dust
  • 1 1/4 cups (155g) almond meal
  • 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
  • 150g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
  • Vanillin sugar, to dust

This is what your looking for....


Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. 
  2. Lightly grease a 12-hole friand pan, or you can use patty cake papers too. Pretty ones look nice.
  3. Place strawberries on a large plate and use a potato masher to crush. 
  4. Place the eggwhites and vanilla bean paste in a large bowl and whisk until just frothy. 
  5. Using a coarse sieve, sift over the icing sugar, almond meal and flour. 
  6. Add the melted butter and crushed strawberries and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
  7. Divide the mixture among prepared friand holes and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until friands are golden and a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean.
  8. If you've used friands tins, stand in the pans for 3-4 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
  9. Dust with vanillin sugar and icing sugar before serving.

And - that's it...
Super duper, easy peasy!


You of course can alter the amounts to suit your taste.
I add a little more vanilla bean paste because I simply adore the taste.
You could of course use blueberries, raspberries, whatever....
So I have mine all packaged up to take off to share with the girls....


You can put them in tins, boxes, decorate with a bit of pretty ribbon, and make them special.
I did one this morning for our office girl in a large noodle box decorated with ribbon and Xmas stickers...
This is really the gift that 'comes from the heart'!

Enjoy,
Your Pal,
Maria x x x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation here....
Your input is more than welcome.